Terms & Conditions
Dorothy Koomson Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- This is a prize draw to win one copy of a Dorothy Koomson book.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to sign up to the Dorothy Koomson newsletter and receive regular updates
- The winner will be selected at random at 11.59pm on the closing date stated from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions. The winners shall be selected by Dorothy Koomson or an authorised representative, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The prize draw opens at 12:01 am GMT on the date stated and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on the date stated. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
- The names of the winners may see their name posted on other websites and social media accounts.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the UK only, aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the prize draw either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person per book prize draw is allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the prize draw delivering any prize(s). “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize(s) or newsletter. The company will need to provide the winners’ addresses and other relevant information to its distributor Hachette UK Distribution Limited to enable the prizes to be sent.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This prize draw is being organised by Dorothy Koomson (“Company”).
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.